Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Monday, November 27, 2017

The $5.37 Taco Bell Meal

Shared a version of this giggle last year but it’s so funny that when Meredith's Jack sent it, I couldn’t resist posting again.  

 
$5.37!

That's what the kid behind the counter at Taco Bell said to me. 

I dug into my pocket + pulled out some lint and two dimes and something that used to be a Jolly Rancher.

Having already handed the kid a five-spot, I started to head back out to  the truck to grab some change when the kid with the Elmo hairdo said the hardest thing anyone has ever said to me.
He said, "It's OK. I'll just give you the senior citizen discount."

I turned to see who he was talking to and then heard the sound of change hitting the counter in front of me.
"Only $4.68 " he  said  cheerfully.

I stood there stupefied. I am 56, not even 60 yet?
A mere child!
Senior citizen?
 
I took my burrito and walked out to the truck wondering what was wrong with Elmo. Was he blind?

As I sat in the truck, my blood began to boil.
Old?
Me?

I'll show him, I thought.
 
I opened the door & headed back inside.  I strode to the counter, and there he was waiting with  a smile.  
Before I could say a word, he held up something and jingled it in front of me, like I could be that easily distracted!
What am I now?
A toddler?
"Dude! Can't get too far without your car keys, eh?"
I stared with utter disdain at the keys. I began to rationalize in my mind!

"Leaving keys behind hardly makes a man elderly! It could happen to anyone!"

I turned and headed back to the truck.
I slipped the key into the ignition, but it wouldn't turn.
What  now?
I checked my keys and tried another.
Still nothing.

That's when I noticed the purple beads hanging from my rear view mirror.
I had no purple beads hanging from my rear view mirror.

Then, a few other objects came into focus:
The car seat in the back seat. Happy Meal toys spread all over the floorboard.
A partially eaten donut on the dashboard.

Faster than you can say ginkgo biloba, I flew out of the alien vehicle.
 
Moments later I was speeding out of the parking lot, relieved to finally be leaving this nightmarish stop in my life.


That is when I felt it, deep in the bowels of my stomach: hunger!
My stomach growled and churned, and I reached to grab my burrito, only it was nowhere to be found.

I swung the truck around, gathered my courage, and strode back into the restaurant one final time.
There Elmo stood, draped in youth and black nail polish.
All I could think was, "What is the world coming to?"
All I could say was, "Did I leave my food and drink in here"?

At this point I was ready to ask a Boy Scout to help me back to my vehicle, and then go straight home and apply for Social Security benefits.
Elmo had no clue.  
 

I walked back out to the truck, and suddenly a young lad came up and tugged on my jeans to get my attention.
He was holding up a drink and a bag.
His mother explained, "I think you left this in my truck by mistake."
I took the food and drink from the little boy and sheepishly apologized.
She offered these kind words:
"It's OK. My grandfather does stuff like this all the time."  
 
All of this is to explain how I got a ticket doing 85 in a 40 mph zone.
 
Yessss, I was racing some punk kid in a Toyota Prius.
And no, I told the officer, "I'm not too old to be driving this fast."
 
As I walked in the front door, my wife met me halfway down the hall.
I handed her a bag of cold food + a $300 speeding ticket.
 
I promptly sat in my rocking chair and covered up my legs with a blankey.


The good news was that I had successfully found my way home.

Pass this on to other "old fogies" on your list
(so they can have fun laughing, too).

Notice the larger type?
That's for those of us who have trouble reading.
 
P.S. Save the earth...It's the only planet with chocolate !!!!!

15 comments:

  1. I'd love to share this with an old fogie, but I value my life! Lol!
    --Bakee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm the old one now, geez, cannot even spell check my own name!
      --Baker

      Delete
    2. Ooh Baker...surely you're not suggesting that Hoss is the 'old fogie' are ya?!?!

      Yup...hit that enter button a bit too fast did ya. LOL

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, some days just make you feel your age.....lol
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got a good point there, Jan. :)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  3. Watch for my next post, Cat. I think I have the same theme as this little story. Now what did I walk into this room for?

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...good one, Ella...will definitely come visit when your next post goes up. :)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  4. Im sending bikss over here! That was a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it, Fondles...hope Bikss does also. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  5. I don't remember this from before but it is hilarious. I hate to say how close to the truth it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think this is close for all of us at one time or another, Sunny. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  6. Thanks Cat, it was worth a repeat. Reminds me of the first time I pushed my teen grandson hard off to the side on purpose, but than said excuse me young man. We both laughed, but I was laughing for a different reason. I suddenly felt old after I said it...

    peace and love
    1ManView

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed it, 1MV. Just remember...you are not old...just wonderfully experienced. ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  7. This is great. But I have these moments a lot where I forget everything. Isn't getting old grand, now what was I saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...good one, Blondie. I'll walk in the other room to get something, end up getting something else and after I come back and sit down, I remember that I forgot to get what I originally went for. LOL

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.